Tuesday, September 15, 2015

Assessment of eBay’s Role in the Buying and Selling Community


My research focus is on the impact of eBay on my hobby, more specifically on how eBay can turn buying and selling items into a business. I buy and sell sneakers and phones in my spare time. I want to research and explain how eBay turned my hobby into more of a business-like operation. I also want to explore the impacts of eBay on everyday consumers as well as businesses. I think that eBay has a significant role in the buying and selling world and I want to better my understanding of how sellers make a living using eBay. My research will also explore the effects of how the buying and selling community competes with retailer prices. In a broader picture, I want to research how eBay will impact the buying and selling community in the future. Will the buying and selling community put stores out of business with competitive prices? Will stores lower their prices to compete with private sellers on eBay?

2 comments:

  1. Hi Anthony,

    Your paper topic seems very interesting. I also chose to do my paper on Ebay, yet my paper's main focus is on how ebay is a community. Similar to you, I chose to research ebay because over the past summer I began selling some things that I had sitting around my house. I sold most of what I put up on the site, and I was able to turn that into a bit of extra income. But it is interesting to see that the most successful users of Ebays are those who run businesses and sell things on multiple sites, or in stores in addition to the merchandise put on ebay. It is also interesting to look into the percentage of used items that are put up and sold through ebay. I wonder if used goods will have any affect on the prices of competition. Good Luck with your paper!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Anthony,

    Your paper must be an interesting piece. I think as more and more people are down for shopping online because of the convenience, physical retail store will certainly have to deal with fierce competitions.

    ReplyDelete